Saturday, July 4, 2009

Olson Visit

To say that Hannah is having fun with her cousins is probably an understatement. She is LOVING having Lanie and Macy around to play with. They are graciously joining in. This morning they were having a balloon parade around the house. It was very cute.

The Olsons arrived on Thursday night after a 13 hour drive from DC through New York City... well, they saw NYC skyline from a distance as they crawled along 95. I confess I didn't envy them that trip. On Friday we walked around Gloucester and then enjoyed the Horribles parade yesterday evening. Our friends Craig, Susan and Christopher, and Pastor Jim and Donna joined us for the parade. It was a lot of fun. Hannah and Christopher were not too sure about the loud firetrucks, police cars and ambulances, but Hannah loved seeing Elmo, Pooh and Thomas the Tank Engine. She is still asking to see Thomas again today. Unfortunately, the Gloucester fireworks were cancelled last night, supposedly due to the weather, but it actually turned out to be a really nice evening. We are going to brave the crowds and head to Salem on the train to try to catch those fireworks tonight.

Today we spent the morning at Good Harbor Beach. It was the first time Lanie and Macy were at the beach and I think I can safely say they loved it. Of course, our little water and sand bug loved it too and it was fun seeing all three girls playing in the sand in water.

Now it is family nap time before catching the train. I hope to post some pictures of all the fun we are having. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Maureen and Jon said...

How fun! We can't wait for pictures. Happy 4th!