Grace is doing what she is suppose to be doing. Eating, sleeping, filling diapers and these days she is beginning to be a little more alert. At night, she is a grunter... it makes it difficult to sleep, for me anyway. Daryl can sleep through it and thank goodness so can Hannah. I've heard she will out grow this. I sure hope so! She is a precious little girl and I am thankful God added her to our family.
On Tuesday we said a tearful goodbye to Nana and Poppi. Nana has been a lifesaver around here. I was able to focus on recovering from childbirth and nursing, while Nana pretty much covered the rest. From playing with Hannah to dishes, meals and cleaning, she was AMAZING!!! It will be quite awhile before my house gets the care it got from Nana.
Hannah adores her nana and loved having her around every day for over 2 weeks. She still asks about her and is looking forward to visiting her at Christmas. My dad (poppi) came fore the last weekend that my mom was here. Hannah was SO EXCITED to have his attention as well. She had so much fun with both of them.
We walked them to the train station on Tuesday. When the train pulled up, I started to cry. Hannah didn't seem to know exactly what was going on and I think the noise of the train was startling her. When she saw Nana and Poppi board the train, she wanted to go too. As we (Hannah, Grace and I) walked away from the platform (I was still crying a bit), Hannah suddenly got what was going on and started wailing. (This didn't help my own tears!) Through her tears she started saying... "Nana loves me; Poppi loves me; Mommy loves me; God loves me; Jesus loves me." Bless her precious heart. That's right, my darling, we all love you very much!
Potty Training ~ well, it was going much better when Nana was here. Even the couple days right after Nana left were good, but we are regressing a bit. Hannah is telling us that she has to go, but she is in the middle of going at the time. So, it isn't going to be as easy as it seemed like earlier this week!
Finally, some more Hannah sayings...
"Daddy, let's get a flag and celerate!"
While sitting on the potty... "Mommy loves me, daddy loves me, God loves me... Oh, I almost forgot someone else... Grandma loves me!"




1 comment:
Awww, such a sweet story, though sad too.
Hope you have more success this week with the potty training. Somedays I feel it is my undoing...alas, it's in those moments I comfort myself with the fact that SHE WILL master this someday!
I'll email you your 5 words shortly. I'm still mulling over the last one. :o)
Post a Comment