Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sweet Elizabeth

Today my littlest daughter turned one year old. It was a pretty normal day for us as we will be celebrating her birthday on Sunday, but I wanted to take some time for a "snapshot" of Elizabeth at 1.

Sweet girl, you are...
  • on the move, just after Christmas you started to crawl and now you get around quite well.
  • a little screamer. Somehow you have a shriek that pierces the ears and you use it, often at supper time. Only daddy's stern "no" will get you to stop.
  • a great smiler. I love to get you to smile (which isn't too hard), but even more, I love to hear you laugh. When you and your sisters get going, it is a wonderful thing.
  • starting to talk. You say "mama," "dada," "hi," and I think you have started saying "up."
  • learning some signs. We haven't done a great job of teaching you signs, but I think you are signing "more."
  •  comfortable with different "moms." I don't know if it is because you have three little mommies at home or not, but I often see you crawling over to a "mom-type" person to be held, especially if mommy 1 is not available.
  • pretty mellow with your sisters dragging you around the house, although you are started to protest when they take something you are playing with.
  • a good crayon finder and we need that in this house. 
  • learning to climb stairs. Watch out!
  • sleeping pretty much through the night, most nights and you have done that from an early age. Mommy is very grateful.
  • still napping 2 times a day (most days). Unfortunately, today wasn't one of those days and you barely made it to dinner. 
Elizabeth, we are so glad you are part of our family. You have blessed us so much this past year and we look forward to what God will do in your life in the years to come. May you sweet smile draw others to the God who created you.

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth Anne Olson.

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Hannah, and Grace

No comments: