I've recently been introduced to a blog, Story Warren and I love the way it makes me think... about kids... about imagination... about the world... about faith. I realize I don't do that very well on my own... thinking. I mean I do think... mostly about my "to do" list, but rarely about imagination or how my faith grows when it interacts with the "real world" or how my kids could probably teach me so much more, if I would just S.L.O.W. D.O.W.N.
How come when Hannah sees paints and brushes and a blank piece of paper, she sees princesses and flowers and the ocean? I see the makings of a mess. How come when Grace sees a box of toys, she sees a chance to baby her dolls or make some music? I see... yes, you probably guessed it... a mess in the making. How come when Elizabeth sees water in an indention in the concrete, she laughs with glee as she scrambles to splash in it? I see mud spatters everywhere, including in her mouth, which is messy.
One of the blog posts was about how God Makes Messy Things Beautiful. It was a timely read for me. It seems my children have a better grasp on this than I do. Why is that, I wonder? What could I learn in all this? And if I did learn it, how might my life be different?
Just a Dana thought. Hum, maybe this thinking thing isn't so bad?
No comments:
Post a Comment