A Resolution to Be Me
In 2013 I was really great about remembering to send birthday cards to the kids and adults who I am blessed to work with at church. It was a fun way to connect with people and hopefully encourage them.
In 2013 I really enjoyed working in my small backyard garden. I thought that this was going to be an activity for me and the kids, but I mostly just needed it to relax. Planting, weeding, watering were all great opportunities to be outside, productive, but not have to think about the rest of the world. It was especially fun harvesting potatoes with the kids. When is spring?
In 2013 I felt great when I was working out regularly.
In 2013 I accomplished waking up early on Sunday mornings to spend an hour praying at church for the service, for life, for people, for whatever God brought to mind. It wasn't always a mountain top experience, but it truly was a blessing and something I looked forward to each week.
In 2013 I learned that I'm not much of a phone person, which is hard because many of my good friends no longer live close to me. However, I also learned that good friends connect again quickly when they get back together. I also learned that I love to laugh and that I want more laughter in my life.
In 2013 I created with my fellow "ministry chicks" some great Lenten Wednesday night church family activities. It was a lot of work, but a neat way to "do" Lent in community.
In 2013 I connected with our friends the Boggs'. It was an awesome trip and a great reminder that distance doesn't have to end relationships. Would love to connect again with them and some other long-distance friends.
Looking over the list I can see just how wonderful 2013 was. I am so grateful! I want more of the same.
In 2014 I will continue to reach out to people with the written word (letters, cards, email)
and exercise
and maybe even plan some trips to connect with some of my long-distance friends.
In 2014 I will enjoy laughter with my kids, my spouse, and my friends (perhaps even a stranger)
and my garden: planning, planting and harvesting
and maybe even creating more activities for our church family.
In 2014 I will be grateful because I am growing and learning and laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment