Friday, January 9, 2009

Love her Giggles and "Helpfulness"

I wish you could have been here for pre-nap story time. Hannah has started wanting to sit on the ottoman for stories. I sit on the rocker and hold the books so she can see the pictures. Today we read The Hungry Caterpillar and Miss Spider's Tea Party. Her giggles had nothing to do with either book, but as I was opening the second book, it slipped out of my hands. "Oops!" I said. That did it, Hannah broke out into a fit of giggles. (I have to confess... I did it again. Just to hear her laugh!)

I don't know where she gets it, but Hannah LOVES to clean. That is definitely not a trait she picked up from me. It had to be from her Grandma Olson. When we were out in North Dakota, Hannah would come running every time Grandma started unloading the dishwasher. Here is a clip of the Cleaning Duo!



Here at home, she loves to help me wash dishes. I try to think of the future (encouraging her in her love of dishes) as I watch her drink the dish water, suck on the dish rags and pour water all down the front of her. As soon as she see me at the sink, she starts pulling on one of the kitchen chairs and asking for her apron. It is pretty cute when I don't think about the extra work involved.

Her new favorite chore is helping to set the table. She gets very excited when I ask if she wants to help. It is a stretch for her to get the dishes up to the table, but her delight makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lizzie loves to "help" too. She likes to help me load the washing machine and unload the dryer. She was also "helping" me sweep the other day too. It's very cute.

Hope to see you two soon!

Maureen and Jon said...

That's too cute...I hope Jon and I get one of those "helper" babies some day!