Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Blessing!

This morning has been a rough one for reasons I may elaborate later, but God has given me a little ray of sunshine in the midst.

We were sitting in the doctor's waiting room, waiting to be scheduled for a test. There was an older lady there. When she was wheeled in, she smiled at Hannah and played a little game of peek-a-boo. As we were there longer, she began to moan and seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. God put it on my heart to ask her if I could pray for her... I HATE doing this, but I have been disobedient to these requests too many times before, so I did and she said ok. I prayed... no immediate miracles, except for my step of obedience... (did I mention how much I struggle with doing this?). Later, they called her back to the doctor and Hannah asked about her as she left. I told Hannah that Mary didn't feel well. Hannah sat down on a chair, bowed her head, folded her hands and said "Dear God, Mary, better, Amen." Oh, God, what a precious little one. May she never be fearful of praying for anyone in need.

As we were driving home, I was sad and crying a little. My precious daughter started singing, "This is the Day, this is the Day, Lord has made... Mommy... This is the day, This is the day." What a reminder, whether good news or bad, THIS IS the day the LORD has made. May I remember to rejoice in it.

No comments: