Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on Baby Boo

I'm not really sure how "Baby Boo" became the nickname, all I know is that Hannah laughed when I was saying it to her. Something about that little girl's laughter... I would do just about anything to hear it over and over again!

Well, another ultrasound and another request for prayer... it is a little different in that the first ultrasound brought us comfort (at 11 weeks) and this ultrasound is making us concerned (at 18 weeks). On Monday we went for our level 2 ultrasound and for a number of reasons, it was a really tough afternoon. Bottom line, the perinatologist is concerned that our baby may have a hole in his/her heart between the left and right ventricles. If this is true, there is also a possibility that this is a marker for Down's Syndrome, although my blood work has revealed that right now that possibility is small.

So, we ask for your prayers for Baby Boo for healing, if needed. We also ask for grace and wisdom to make good decisions in light of more information. I will have a fetal echocardiogram and another ultrasound in Boston in 2 weeks. We will need to know at that time if we will want more tests, especially an amniocentesis.



Hannah loves looking at pictures of her little brother or sister. She truly has been our ray of sunshine and joy in the midst of a difficult week for us and for some close friends of ours.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know I'm here if you need to talk! I will be waiting anxiously to hear your results. I'm around Saturday and Sunday morning if you want to meet at the Tea Company with Hannah & Lizzie. I'm also on my own for a week starting the 26th so if you want to meet up for dinner or lunch or something please let me know. I'd love to see you!

I'm sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way!

Juliette said...

I'll be praying for you. Also, I know it's not great comfort, but we know of a Gloucester couple who had a child born with this very problem and they had fantastic care at Children's down in Boston. If things look to go this way, let me know if you'd like me to try and get Dr info from them. HOWEVER, I will pray for this not to be needed!

krista said...

We are praying for the best kind of news from these upcoming visits with the doctors. You all are on our hearts in the meantime.

We love you!

Maureen and Jon said...

Thanks for the update, we'll be anxiously awaiting the results. Baby Boo, you're in our thoughts and hearts! We love you!