Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thanking God for a Healthy Heart

We so appreciate the love and prayers that have been sent our way over the last 2 weeks by blog comments, email, facebook, phone calls and cards. The first week after we heard the news of the possible hole in our baby's heart was tough. Last week was better, largely due to the prayers of our family and friends. In fact, I even got a decent night's sleep last night!

The appointment was this morning. Here is the email that many of you received already...

Thank you so much for your love and prayers over the last 2 weeks. We had the echo cardiogram this morning at 9:00 and saw the pediatric cardiac specialist. One of his first questions to us was... “why were you sent to us?” They examined the baby’s heart and found a perfectly healthy heart (and a very active baby!) He said that he always has to caveat that with... There is a POSSIBILITY of a tiny (millimeter sized) hole that they are unable to pick-up by ultrasound, however a hole like that would close on its own. I asked if we needed to mention this possibility to the baby’s pediatrician. He said, “no, why worry about it.” So I guess we stop worrying about it! The other blessing is that we were able to move the follow-up ultrasound (which we are not sure why we need it) back out to Beverly which is a 15 minute drive instead of an hour+ in traffic. I will also have my regular check-up with my mid-wife before that ultrasound, so I can get some clarity from her as to whether or not it is needed at this point. Thank you Lord! So, again, your prayers have blessed us over and over again. We are thanking God for His mercy to us and in our baby’s life. Love, Dana, Daryl, Hannah and baby Olson

For your enjoyment... Hannah high on sugar from the yummy cake at Levi's birthday on Saturday.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

yay! nothing like waking up to read about answered prayers AND getting a sunny day (in a typically gray and rainy country)!!

Kristi said...

So happy to hear the update. Praise the Lord!

gram ding said...

I'm so thankful to hear the good news. I have been praying for you even if I didn't take the time to write a note.