Saturday, April 11, 2009

Everybody Needs Motrin

Hannah was cracking us up tonight... again! She was bringing her stuffed animals into the kitchen where I was cooking dinner and Daryl was working on a project for Kingdom Kids (our church kids program). She sat all her animals in a circle and began "feeding" them with a baby spoon. As we started paying closer attention to her chattering, we realized she was saying that "everybody was sick. Everybody needed Motrin." Really, we don't drug our daughter up THAT much, but she is a fan of Motrin!

Tomorrow we will be using "Resurrection Eggs" to tell the story of Easter to the kids. I was going over it with Hannah at suppertime. She was SO EXCITED to see what was in each egg. She kept clapping her hands and asking for more. Unfortunately, she didn't quite grasp the significance of the empty final egg. In fact she was kind of disappointed. Oh, well, maybe next year?!?!

For a snack tomorrow, we will be baking "Resurrection Rolls," thanks to a link sent to me by my friend Kim. Hannah and I did a trial run. I think she was more excited about the empty roll, especially since the inside was coated with yummy cinnamon and sugar. She's a bit young for the "theology" (I think Daryl was kind of laughing at me as I "explained" it to her), but it was a yummy activity to do!

1 comment:

krista said...

LOL at your Motrin story! That Hannah girl! :oP

I think this momma might like those Resurrection rolls too! Thanks for the link. My sis-in-law Kim was telling us about them yesterday.