Thursday, February 4, 2010

Celebrating Milestones

I've just starting thinking more about this and I decided to reach out to those of you who read this blog for some ideas. What milestones did your family celebrate as you were growing up or what milestones have you celebrated (or will you celebrate) with your kids as they grew older (are growing older)?

For Hannah, we had a church dedication when she was three months old. In our community of faith, we spoke of our desire to raise Hannah in ways that glorify God. Living a life of faith before her, so that she will ultimately embrace a relationship with Him through Christ. We were blessed to have some of our family there for the dedication and asked our faith community to walk with us in this journey. Grace also will have this time of dedication. We celebrated their births through this dedication.

So what other milestones will we mark as they get older? What will those celebrations look like? My sister-in-law plans a special one-on-one weekend with her daughters when they turn eight. I love this idea.

So I'm asking for your ideas... let me know your experiences either through leaving a comment or sending me an email. Thanks!

No comments: