Sunday, February 21, 2010

Exhausted

I'm am tired... no truly exhausted! It has been a good week and weekend, but I am weary. This afternoon I took a 2 1/2 hour nap! I can't remember the last time I slept so long in the middle of the day. I am so thankful for a sweet husband who entertained the girls once they got up from their naps to allow me to keep sleeping. Of course, now, I won't be able to get to sleep tonight, but it sure felt good to nap this afternoon.

I think yesterday is what really took it out of me. I had a woman's brunch yesterday at church and I made my grandmother's "Baked Oatmeal." It was a hit! Thanks grandma! Then I ran around yesterday afternoon signing us up for a Y membership (swimming lessons for Hannah starting next Saturday) and picking up drinks for game night at the church. Then, I set up the church basement for the game night and picked up 2 carloads of kids from our Homework Program. I spent 2 1/2 hours playing Pit and Taboo with 5 girls. We had a great time, but my head HURT from all the yelling:-). Pit is not a relaxing game.

By the time I got home, I was so keyed up that I had trouble shutting my brain off in order to fall asleep and when I did, I think I was still yelling "two, two, two" "three, three, three"! I was glad that I had no teaching responsibilities at church this morning. It was so nice just to be a part of the service.

But, enough about me. It has been a while since I have posted pictures of the girls. Here are some pictures of what has been happening in the Olson household.

Gracie has started solid foods. She LOVES TO EAT!!! So far she has had oatmeal, squash, peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears and avacados. The only one she wasn't too fond of was the avacados, but I'm not sure I got a good one. I'll try that one again.

Here is her first taste of oatmeal.



She is feeding herself already! (Not really, but she loves to chew on the spoon!) Yum Yum, peas!
 

Gracie is beginning to sit all by herself. We borrowed a Bumbo from a friend, but she actually gets frustrated in it because she can't reach her toys on the floor. Hannah loves to bring all Gracie's toys to her and pile them in front. 

Gracie continues to do well sleeping through mommy's night. I think this was a Monday morning when she fell back to sleep after her 6:00 feeding. Mommy was getting ready for work and daddy got a couple more minutes of sleeping in!

The sisters are really cute together. Hannah wants to do whatever Gracie is doing. Here they are participating in "tummy time" together. I know the day is coming when Gracie will want to do whatever Hannah is doing.
 Hannah is still the little princess. Here she is back in January wearing just about every dress-up dress she owns. This past week we were in Marshall's and she saw some princess tiaras, shoes and dresses. She turned to me and said, "Oh, mommy, I NEED that!" When I said we weren't going to buy it, she responded, "Maybe for my birthday yesterweek!"

But this little princess is also a little engineer. She LOVES playing with the lego set we got her for Christmas. Here she is showing me the airplane she built ALL BY HERSELF! That's my girl!


So, life is good in the Olson home! Thanks for checking in!

 

2 comments:

krista said...

What a great update!

Glad you got that nap...I was exhausted just imagining your busy day! :-) It seems a lifetime since I've played PIT.

Love those sweet girlies! Squeeze them for me!

gram ding said...

I enjoy seeing the pictures you post of the girls. They are growing up so fast. I remember playing pit. It IS a crazy game,but fun! .... Sandra