Saturday, June 26, 2010

Back from North Carolina

The girls and I just spent a fun week with 2 of my college roommates (and kids) in North Carolina. We had so much fun. I think it is a toss up whether I or my girls enjoyed it more. There were 7 kids among the 3 of us. It felt like a zoo, especially at meal times.

I forgot my camera (grrr), but will post some pictures when I get them from my friend. Until then, words will have to suffice.
  • H: Mommy, where is my friend... that girl?
  • H: I just need my friends right now.
  • Gracie crawling all over Josiah. (Yes, she has learned to crawl. Josiah is 2 months younger, but he can sure keep up with her using his army crawls.)
  • Jacob reading to Hannah.
  • Princess dresses... need I say more.
  • Going to the pool... 2x. I have 2 little water bugs.
  • Marbles ~ Raleigh's children's museum. The best thing for Hannah... dressing up and dancing on stage. The best thing for Gracie... crawling.
  • Jacob: Aren't you just the cutest little thing (to Gracie). Mommy, I didn't know that girl babies were so much fun. Can we have a girl baby? (How about it, Kim:-)?)
  • Girl fights over princess dresses.
  • Mommies' night out... yeah! Adult conversation and no diapers or refereeing!
  • Having playmates all week (for all of us!)
  • Airplane rides with a new crawler
  • Airplane delays with a new crawler and a 3 year old! Thank goodness for Kidport and new coloring supplies and Tinkerbell snacks.
  • Late nights
  • Minivan caravans
  • McDonalds and chocolate milk
  • And so much more!
Thanks for a wonderful time! Can't wait to do it again... well, maybe after some naps!

2 comments:

Juliette said...

aww, yay! I just got back from NC myself (went to Ocean Isle beach). hot hot hot, but fun w/my fam =) Glad you had a good trip!

krista said...

Awww...sounds like such fun!
Hope you all get some rest, now that you're back home. Recovery takes time, but it's still worth it!