Thank you to those of you who posted suggested under my last post. I will definitely have to try those recipes out. This was my first attempt. From www.wisebread.com
Meatless Quesadillas
Layer refried beans, black beans, shredded cheese, and green onions (you can add fresh diced tomato, too) on a flour tortilla. Place another on top, spray with light cooking spray and flip it over so the sprayed side is down. Let it get all brown and toasty on one side over medium heat in a frying pan. Then flip. Put it on a plate, slice into triangles with a pizza cutter and service with salsa and sour cream.
I had some leftover rice to which I added chopped onion, garlic, cumin, chili pepper and some tomato sauce. This was a nice side dish.
Verdict: I enjoyed this meal. The girls ate it. Gracie liked the black beans especially, but both cleared their plates. Daryl ate it, but he wasn't blown away by it. His comment... "It doesn't have a lot of flavor. Its just beans and stuff. Maybe you could add chicken or something to it."
Sigh... oh well. What I've decided is that I'm a timid spice girl. I don't have a lot of confidence in adding spices to things. I'm so afraid of over spicing, that I tend to make things too plain, especially if they don't tell me exactly what to add and how much. The other thing may be that my spices are getting old.
Well, back to the drawing board. This recipe may end up as a lunch thing. Its easy (although I need to perfect flipping the whole thing or perhaps just rolling it up as a burrito) and uses ingredients I often have on hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment