For the first day of advent, we read the book Wombat Divine by Mem Fox. I must admit I was a bit skeptical about this book and I almost didn't check it out of the library. I am so glad I did. It is a delightful book with creatures from "down under." This book tells the story of Wombat who can't wait to be old enough to be in the Nativity play. The time comes and he just isn't right for the different parts. Finally, with the encouragement of his friends, he finds the perfect part. He is just divine:-).
My kids have asked us to read this book several times since yesterday. I've been happy to oblige. I may have to add this book to our personal collection.
Our second book wasThe Christmas Bears by Chris Conover. Perhaps because our standards were set so high with our first book, this one just wasn't as good. It tells the story of a family of bears getting ready for Christmas. I believe the implication is that Papa Bear is "Santa Claus," but it doesn't quite come out and say that. OK, but the kids probably won't ask to read this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment