Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beverly Reindeer Run ~ 5K

Yesterday, in the snow, I ran and completed my first 5K. I felt good throughout the race. I am feeling really good today as well. I thought my knees would bother me and that I would feel really stiff today, but I don't, so that is great!

I'm very thankful for Naomi for training and running with me. She made the training runs fun and really helped push me during the race. We finished within a second of each other! Here are some pics of the day.

First corner of the race... Micah is in the red shorts to the left of the picture and Will is right behind in the yellow shirt.

Naomi and I waving to our adoring fans. (This is the beginning of the race!)

Daryl bringing it home.

Micah coming back to encourage his sister toward the finish line.

The final push to the finish line... in the snow!
I would run another 5K, but probably not until spring. I'll have to find a way to keep in shape between now and then.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! Wish I could have been there but I skipped this race. I'll be running a 10k on New Years Day in Lowell. Looking forward to running a race with you in the spring!