Sunday, April 21, 2013

Celebrating Mommy's birthday

In the midst of everything that has happened in Boston this week, I was blessed by 3 days of celebrating with my family. We experienced joy, while so many others were in sorrow. It is hard to reconcile that sometimes.

The girls had so much fun planning the birthday surprises with daddy, although it was tough for them to keep secrets. They asked me over and over again in the days leading up to my birthday if they could tell me. I told them I didn't want to know, much to their disappointment.

On Wednesday, Daryl took the day off and we spent the morning with the girls on their bikes.  We went to Bradley Palmer State Park where they have a road closed to motorized traffic. It was perfect for little girls learning to ride their bikes.

The girls are ready to go!

Lizzle decide picking up sticks was much more fun!

Hannah is riding! (As long as she doesn't scare herself and head into the woods!)

Gracie proudly wearing her "Poppi" helmet.
 On Thursday, while I was at work, Daryl and the girls prepared a lovely birthday supper of steak tips (from the grill), rainbow fruit salad, and couscous. YUMMY
The table is set and ready for mommy!

The beautiful birthday flowers with the "mommy balloon." (Hannah says: "We had to have yellow hair because we didn't have brown streamers.")

My raised bed, garden cake ~ complete with oreo dirt, wafer sides, gummy worms and sprouts.


Mommy and her girls
To complete my days of celebration, Daryl got a our friends to watch the girls and took me out to dinner. It was lovely!

1 comment:

Rachel N said...

Happy Happy Birthday friend! I thank the Lord for you and your family and the incredible blessing you have been in my life! The cake looks wonderful and I'm so glad your life was celebrated!! Looking forward to catching up with you soon!