Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lenten Journey ~ Day 4

Today is the fourth day of Lent. It has been interesting to progress through my purging. On the first day, I went through two areas (the towel bureau and the laundry shelves) and got rid of 2 bags of outdated saline solution and medication, and 1 bag of baby towels, crib sheets, and pack and play sheets. The second day I didn't have to do anything, because I did everything the day before. Yesterday I went through the bathroom cabinet and threw away leaking hair gel as well as some outdated makeup.

Today the goal was the hallway bureau. The strangest thing that caused me to pause was my medals from middle and high school. Awards for doing well in classes as well as a medal for winning(?) or placing in the 4 x 100 relay race. Why did I want to keep them? Did I need to be reminded of my childhood accomplishments? Did these medals say "I am someone"? Not really... then I thought "maybe my kids want to play with them"? What? Why? After this internal dialogue with myself, the medals went away.

Another bag lighter! :-)!


No comments: