Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Year of "Gratitude"

So apparently the "thing" to do this year is to declare it "the year of ________," picking one word to define your life for the next year. I know my cousin has done this with her daughters the last several years, but didn't know that it was a wider practice.

On Sunday, Daryl and I spent some time going back over the year, reflecting on things we've done, places we've gone, people we've seen. We also spent some time looking forward, not so much to make "resolutions," but just to talk about what we would like to see happen. One of the things that came up was this idea of "gratitude."

I think this would be a good word for our family this year. I am going to start by being grateful for the wonderful time we had this Christmas in Georgia. Enjoy the pictures!

Our "Building Center" Tree decorated and ready for Christmas when we return.

Nana and the girls filling the bird feeders between rain storms. As soon as we went back in, the blue birds arrived!

Nana, Poppi, Emina and Edina, and the Olsons girls!
Singing Christmas Carols with Bill, Susan and Ben
Christmas Dinner

The girls helping Nana in her flower beds and building a hut out of the stems.

Elizabeth searching for fish in the big tank at the Georgia Aquarium

Gracie enjoying the big tank

Getting ready for the 4D show ~ Daddy and Lizzle

Poppi and Hannah

Mom and me

The girls after their time in the Olympic Rings Fountain at Centennial Olympic Park

Exploring Furman University... so many great memories here!

The Olson Girls and Myra in downtime Greenville

Playing in the fountain with the Pendergraphs

Having fun at the Mall with their second cousin and a new friend

Family New Years Dinner
Happy 2016!

1 comment:

Mama Hess said...

I love that you are doing this! You will find it such a neat way to focus throughout the year on your word. I always have the girls decorate a poster to hang up with our word of the year so that they can feel more a part of what we are doing! Gratitude is such a great word! :)