This year was supposed to be the year of gratitude. Has it been? I'm not so sure. It has been a really hard year; full of really hard questions. Not "I have cancer, will I get better" questions. Or "I lost a love one, how do I move forward" questions. More like "How do I find gratitude when what I see is sorrow, brokenness, depression, anxiety, fear, uncertainty" questions.
How do I live with hope NOW, when so much of me just longs for that hope then... at the end of time? What if your own hope isn't enough for someone else and that is all you want... for it to be enough?
Faith doesn't promise us a life without sorrows. Faith doesn't promise that what is broken will be fixed on this side of eternity. So what does faith promise us?
For today, I'm not sure, but I will keep asking the questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment