Have you ever had thoughts like this... a year ago at this time I was... or I didn't know... or we were? I've been having these thoughts since yesterday. "A year ago at this time, I didn't know I would be starting labor tonight. A year ago at this time, I had no idea that we were having a little girl. A year ago at this time..." (I have probably been driving Daryl nuts!) Tonight I am writing on the eve of Hannah's 1st birthday. One year!?!?! I can hardly believe it. One year ago at this time, I was in the final hours of labor. (Although on that night, it felt like it was never going to end.) Now I have a beautiful little girl, nearly a toddler, fast asleep in her crib.
I thought this would be an appropriate beginning for the Olson family blog. Over the last year we have taken hundreds, no thousands (over 2000!), of pictures of Hannah and posted (some of) them on our picasa account. She has changed so much over the last year. But now, she isn't changing visually as fast as she is changing in every other way. I thought it would be fun to document that change here. Join us for the adventure, if you would like. I'm not promising daily updates, but hopefully we can share a Hannah story each week or perhaps even a Daryl or Dana story.
Hannah is getting very excited about being able to communicate. Today she was grinning from ear to ear when mommy and daddy finally understood that "ca, ca" was car. So we have "cra, cra" for cracker and "ca, ca" for car. Will the next word continue the "c" trend?
No comments:
Post a Comment