It's happening... happened. Last night was the last nursing session. It was time. And I'm only a little nostalgic. It was surprisingly easy for me to say "this is enough." Hannah's top teeth are coming in (the left 2 on the front... she has a bit of a lopsided toothy grin) and it just wasn't the same pleasant experience. Last night was particularly painful.
I don't think she missed it tonight. We started a new bedtime routine... PJs, brush teeth, a little water from a "real" cup (we may revisit this idea as she proceeded to spill most of the water all over her~wanting to do it"herself"~ and needed another change of clothes), stories, song and prayer. She did cry a little going down, but she has been having trouble the last couple of days going to sleep (without crying) and waking up recently. It has been a long time since she has woken up happy from naps and in the morning. Any tips?
Uncle Jon ~ Hannah had a bicycle story similar to yours (wink, wink)! She was moving herself around the deck on her little playschool scooter. At one point she lost her balance and fell over. The scooter landed on top of her. She wasn't upset; she just laid there. I asked, "Hannah, do you need help." "Help." She quietly responded. I suppose this runs in the family.
1 comment:
This is the first time that I have been able to check your blog. I can't believe how much Hannah has changed since we have left! The book thing is so cute.
Good luck with the sleeping thing. It seemed that Eleanor went through phases every few months of not sleeping all night for about the first year and a half.
Let everyone at church know we miss them, but we have found a good church here and look forward to getting involved.
Post a Comment