Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Special Blessing

Today my mom and sister-in-law surprised me with a pregnancy blessing party. I don't know if that was the official term, but that is what I am calling it. While my mom was in Pennsylvania last weekend, she asked my aunts, girl cousins, and grandmothers to select a bead from the collection my mom had and write a special word of blessing or encouragement for me. Today mom and Maureen gathered several of my friends from here and surprised me at my favorite Tea Shop where my friends added their beads and blessings to the collection. My friend Amanda is going to create a bracelet or necklace with the beads for me to have as a reminder of the love and encouragement surrounding me going into the birth of my second baby.

It was such an incredible blessing to be surrounded by many of the women I love in my life. I had NO IDEA that my mom and Maureen were planning this. Thank you to everyone who touched my life in this way. It meant so much to me.

I really needed to hear all the words that were shared. I especially needed to hear that I really will love this baby as much as I love my little Hannah. I have no idea who this little one will be, but I look forward to meeting him or her.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to my special day!

1 comment:

krista said...

we love ya! i was thrilled to be a small part of it.