Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Week in the Life of the Olsons

A little bit of everything has been going on these days. So, this post is going to be a bit of a random walk through the week in pictures.

Last weekend... Our good friends, the Boggs, were in town. It was great to spend time with them and to catch up on life from the past year. We still miss them, but are so thankful for what God is doing in their lives and in the church to which he has called them.

Gracie and Derek... she wasn't too sure about this "stranger" at first,
but by the end of the weekend they were good buddies!

Baby Eve wasn't so much a baby anymore! She is SO CUTE!
Jessica and the kiddos... Grace (2 years), Hannah (4 years), Levi (3 1/2 years)
Another picture of the cutie
Derek, Jessica, Daryl and I got to go out for dinner thanks to some brave souls friends who agreed to chase after 5 busy ones. Thanks guys! It was such a gift for us to be able to do that. We owe you BIG!

On Wednesday... my baby girl turned 6 months old. She is such a delightful baby. She is getting steadier and steadier with sitting up, but still needs the pillow net around her (especially if there are siblings near).
Sweet girl... Elizabeth Anne

Silly girl!
This weekend... All week we have been hearing about HURRICANE IRENE!!! Well, for us on the northshore, it was a brief rain and a windy day. I know other areas have been hit hard. For us in this section of Gloucester, it was the storm that wasn't. There were some pretty cool waves!





Saturday... Hannah and I went to get our hair cut. Hannah did so well for Loretta (she sat still for her, something I am having trouble getting her to do when I cut her hair.) It is really cute and makes her look so grown up! School starts this week!



Still working on growing out those bangs... I think I need to get some headbands for her!
Today... was the great bean harvest. Gracie and I picked beans for our supper tonight. There is something really rewarding about that. They were good, but I think they would have been better if I would have picked them a couple days earlier. It is a learning experience.

Believe it or not, this is actually a pre-smile... she was really excited about the beans


And that concludes the random week in pictures. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Maureen and Jon said...

Looks like u all had a fantastic week! Loved seeing the pics!

krista said...

So glad the storm's fury passed over you guys! Loved the picture recap! How special to reconnect with old friends and have adult time!!!