Monday, August 8, 2011

Multitude Monday #3

Multitude Monday is about intentionally fixing my eyes on God's blessings, big and small, whatever the season, whether life is good or the road has been rocky.

Here is my continuation from last Multitude Monday.

18. The imagination of my eldest daughter and the developing imagination of my middle daughter. They have started playing "restaurant" with Daryl and I. Hannah comes up with the funniest names of food and Gracie follows right along.

19. Family vacations I wasn't sure how this would go, but as you can read from this post we had a really great time. It is important for the whole family to have a change of pace.

20. Coming home, even after a great vacation, it is good to come home and get back into a regular routine.

21. Northshore Parks and Playgrounds Last week we enjoyed our days at 4 different playgrounds. They were each great for different reasons.

22.  Friends new and old... we were able to connect with several different sets of friends at the various parks last week. Hannah is especially good at making friends with whoever may be playing at the park. I could learn a lot from her.

23. Good example of exercise set by Daryl. I love his enthusiasm for exercise and trust we both set that example for our girls. Hannah and Grace both enjoy getting outside and I hope to encourage that as they grow older.

24. Completion of the Gloucester Triathlon... for more details, see here.

25. New recipes... although recently I have felt in a bit of a rut with my cooking, I enjoy learning new recipes. I'm especially thankful for all the work my cousin, Krista, puts into developing recipes. I have definitely taken advantage of that.

26. New challenges... especially when I get a chance to think through ideas with other people. I enjoy a chance to grow.

27. The prayers of children Hannah asked the other night how to God to be in her heart. It was precious. The next day she prayed with Grace. Lord, help Daryl and I to guide her in your ways through our own lives seeking after you. May she seek your Spirit's guidance each day. Grace likes to pray before meals... I wish I could record her prayer. It is very sweet and I'm sure God knows what she is saying.

28. Community of Believers I so appreciate the church where God has placed us. It is a great place to learn, grow and serve. I love how this community has embraced our children.

29. Dancing girls and Giggling babies I know I have said laughter before, but this is specific to Hannah and Grace dancing around Elizabeth in her exersaucer. Elizabeth laughs and laughs and laughs, so of course Hannah and Grace keep doing it.

30. Finding Cloud shapes with Hannah... that's what she is doing now. I think I'll join her.

1 comment:

krista said...

Glad to know my recipe posts are serving you! I truly enjoy the search, especially when it turns out a keeper! We've had our fair share of flops too, but you learn that way. :-)

Somehow I missed your vacation post...am heading there now.