Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Patience...

is something this house has very little of these days and I'm speaking about everyone, but the adults (especially mommy) are in serious need of a patience recharge. Sigh...

This morning... mommy snatches Hannah's "My Little Pony" box house away from her because she was tackling her sister because Grace was about to touch it. Hmmm... probably not the best example of conflict management, but Hannah added to the moment when she responded (to my "Hannah, you need to learn to be kind") with "But mommy, you need to teach me!"

Tonight, mommy tries to refill Gracie's almost empty water cup before bed and was told "no." 5 minutes after she is in bed (if that), she screeches (yes, screeches) for mommy to refill her water cup. Did I just get played by a 2 year old?

Elizabeth... well, she MIGHT just be the most patient of us all... as long as she is fed when she decides she's hungry.

Yes, an extra dose of patience wouldn't hurt. We are going to survive this move if it kills us!

Daddy's new workout system

Enjoy Fall!

2 comments:

Ann said...

You can do it, Olsons! You WILL survive. You will still love each other, and you'll have lots of great stories to tell about it...when it's all over. Love you!!!

Rebecca said...

I feel low on patience these days too. I'm trying really hard not to yell so much when the fighting and screeching starts. *sigh* We will survive but perhaps with a few more gray hairs!