For my mom's birthday cake, I used a new recipe. It is actually a recipe I picked up randomly at Ace Hardware... yes, you read that right. Hannah and I happened to go to Ace on a day they had a demonstration. We had a sample of this cake... yummy!
Springtime Citrus Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1-2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon extract
1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 325.
Generously spray with nonstick cooking spray 10-inch bundt pan or 10-1 cup ramekins. (I used 2 round cake pans.)
Into a bowl, sift (or whisk) together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and granulated sugar; beat at high speed until mixture is very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down side of bowl frequently. Blend in lemon zest.
Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, adding each in 2 additions.
Scrape sides of bowl frequently. Pour batter into prepared cake pan(s); bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 38 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 minutes.
For the orange cream cheese frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 navel orange, zested and juiced
Beat sugar, cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add zest and just enough orange jice to make frosting spreadable.
2 comments:
That sounds really good. I'm going to copy it and try it sometime. Thanks for posting it.
Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this one, thanks for posting the recipe.
Post a Comment