Wednesday, January 4, 2012

12 (actually 14) days of Christmas

This morning I downloaded over 200 pictures from our Christmas and realized again that we really had a wonderful time. Daryl counted that we saw 57 different people, not counting the people we saw at my parents' church. Wow! No wonder it is taking us a bit to feel back in the swing of things.

So, I'm totally using this theme from a friends blog and will share our Christmas in several (maybe 12) posts.

On the first day of Christmas, we left on our 1225 mile road trip to Georgia. We had some very happy and excited girls!



A friend at church told us about something her mom did on long road trips. They had a string of beads and would move the beads every so many miles. I thought this was a great idea and set this up for the girls... ironically, it was more important for me than anyone! I loved seeing the beads "fly" across the ribbon every 50 miles.

Our first fun stop on the first day of Christmas was the Crayola (or as Hannah says "cry-ola") Factory in Easton, Pennsylvania. The girls had a lot of fun at the various craft stations and they got several markers, crayons and "magic" clay with their admission.

Here is Hannah and Grace at the magic clay station.

Our overnight stop on the first day of Christmas was with my Aunt Glynnette and my cousins, Brittany and Natasha. We enjoyed a delicious supper and breakfast as well as delightful company. It was great to catch up with them. My girls quickly commandeered Brittany and Natasha and their childhood toys. Thanks for entertaining 2 travel weary pre-schoolers!

The lovely Lentz ladies

Coming soon... the 2nd day of Christmas!

3 comments:

Rachel N said...

I love the bead idea! I'll have to remember that for next time.

Maureen and Jon said...

I love this idea of several posts - I'll be back to read more! :) We miss you guys so much!

Joyce E. Hess said...

This Christmas Journey was quite an undertaking (2 very brave/loving parents)!! I will also be visiting this trip, memory site!! Love, Mom/Nana