Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving ~ Day 14

Today I am thankful for a group of women that I am just starting to get to know through Community Bible Study. I'm thankful for this safe place where I can be a learner alongside other learners... not a leader... not in charge... simply learning and gleaning from God's Word and my sisters.

Yesterday as I was doing my lesson, one of the questions lead me to Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." I have been really struggling with patience toward my children. I've been short-tempered and feeling like everything they did was an interruption. Through this question, I was challenged to pray that the Spirit would fill me and I would bear this fruit. Wow! My children's behavior didn't change that day or today for that matter, but I was amazed to find the calm and peace that filled me when I needed it most. This could only be an answer to prayer.

No comments: