So, I think today, I need to think of 22 things to be grateful for. Let's try this again.
2. I'm thankful for Tiffany, Tamika and Jonathan who play so well with my children. Daryl and I actually got to have some adult conversation because the kids played so nicely.
3. A husband who gently corrects my attitude when necessary.
4. A daughter who forgives so easily. I was a bear towards my Hannah-bear this afternoon. When I was able to humble myself and go to her to apologize, she readily forgave me.
5. A 3-year old who just came to the steps and politely reminded me that I forgot to bring something I promised... yes, politely!
6. A beautiful sunny day.
7. Final preparations for my first 5K are going well. Daryl and I drove the Beverly course this morning. Only 2 potential "trouble" spots:-).
8. Advent preparations are coming along well... I have lots of people stepping in to help!
9. Thanksgiving Leftovers (see #1)
10. Pizza night
11. Some ideas percolating about doing "Random Acts of Kindness" during Advent as a way of teaching giving to my kids... Anyone up for the challenge?
12. My dad's coming retirement... I'm so excited for him!
13. My brother, my sis-in-law, and my niece... we don't get to see them enough, but the last several phone calls, Elsa has been talking and it's adorable!
14. Quiet time... which is NOW!
15. My husband teaching tomorrow which gives me a break this week.
16. Experiencing my bear-like attitude beginning to shift:-).
17. Friends and playdates
18. My college friends... I can't wait for the next girls weekend... Let's get it on the books, ladies!
19. Illinois in summer... Boggs's here we
20. Christmas in ND
21. Snow... perhaps this week?!?
22. My God and my King
I did it! Being grateful really does push out all those other feelings. Bye Bye mama bear!
2 comments:
That's exactly the right thing to do when you start feeling that way...make a gratitude list! Sometimes I do an A-Z list! Great to do when you wake in the middle of the night and can't sleep, although that doesn't happen to me too often!
Good job getting back around! Being forgiven by your children is so humbling.
Can you email me your address??? homecoordinator@yahoo.com
thanks!!
Post a Comment