Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Something's missing...

our little girl's tooth!
Can I just tell you how excited she was/is that this happened?!?! For her it is another sign of growing up, something she eagerly awaits with each inch taller, each start of school, each baby tooth falling out. Daryl and I... well... I have to confess that there was a bit of grief. How can this be happening already?!?! Didn't we just celebrate the arrival of that little tooth? For that matter, didn't we just bring this wee girl home from the hospital and wonder if the crib we got was too big?!?

Life is so much this... the celebrating and grieving right up next to each other. Watching these latest stages happen... Gracie talking about going to school... Elizabeth figuring out how to climb out of her crib... has definitely helped me to enjoy the moments. These, too, will all pass way.too.fast. The house will become clean and quiet... sigh... that sounds nice too. There I go again grieving and longing all in the same moment.

Grace ~ 3 1/2 year old tomorrow!

Almost 2!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I know exactly how you feel! We have yet to lose a tooth but Lizzie checks all the time to see if any are loose. I can't believe Elizabeth is almost 2! Wasn't she just born? Seriously.