Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grateful for my Dad

Today is my dad's birthday and I thought it was appropriate for my 10 items of gratitude to focus on my dad.


1. My dad shows his love through acts of service. From caring for the homes we lived in to washing dishes to fixing my car to, now, caring for his granddaughters, it is obvious that my dad loves us.
2. Showing up at my school events... band concerts, basketball, football games, church choir... my dad was there.
3. Taking us to church: This was always part of the warp and woof of our lives, and it impacted me powerfully.
4. Experimenter: It is so fun for me to hear dad's adventures in the kitchen, creating his own yogurt, bread recipes, baked oatmeal, oat milk, and more! Dad is always learning and that is inspiring.
5. Thinker: My dad thinks deeply about a lot of things and I enjoy hearing his thoughts. Sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't, but I know that he has thought a lot about many different topics.
6. Being Poppi: We don't get to see my parents as much as I would like, but I love seeing my dad interact with my daughters!
7. Surprising me for my 40th: I was SO BLESSED by this. I think it was my best birthday present.
8. His demonstrations of what it means to be a faithful husband: I appreciate how my parents have stayed true to their vows, not because it was always easy or convenient, but because it was right.
9. Phone conversations: I like when my dad reaches out to me to find out what is going on in my life. His interest means a lot.
10. Work ethic: My dad has always been a hard worker, even in retirement. It is inspiring!

No comments: