Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Nap Strike?!?!

Can it be? Can we really be in the middle of another nap strike? Friday, Saturday, a brief nap on Sunday, and Today, Hannah has proceeded to play in her crib for an hour! What is going on?

She has just started REALLY walking... could that be it? Please don't tell me she is giving up another nap. I already miss her morning one (she gave that one up at the end of the summer), kind of. It is nice to be able to get out in the morning without being concerned that she is missing a nap. BUT I do NOT want to give this one up too. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It might be time to consolidate in to the single nap. Lizzie has lunch at 11:30 then naps from around 12 - 2. It is also her schedule at daycare.

krista said...

I'm pretty sure that Natalia was down to one nap around 15 months or so. How long does Hannah sleep at night? I do remember that once Natalia started walking, things changed...again. :o)

I think they say anywhere from 14-16 hours total is the norm for this age. (I'm trying to remember--it's a bit foggy.) What did her pediatrician say at her last appointment?

The Olsons said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I realized my post was a little vague... we are already down to one nap, usually from 1 to 3ish. It is the afternoon (and only) nap that she has been avoiding the last several days. I think it is the walking... she is too busy to slow down right now. Ahhhh!