Sunday, October 12, 2008

Falls, Bumps and Bruises

This week has had its share of bumps and bruises... I think Hannah would agree.

Wednesday began with me jumping back on the running training schedule. I have been nursing a cold/cough (ok... babying) for 2 weeks now and have stopped running in the mornings. Wednesday, I decided I just needed to do it, even if I did cough a lung up (ok... not really). I made it... I did the previous week's schedule, but I was able to run/walk for the entire program. (Sorry, this update was a digression, but I wanted everyone to know that I am still running!)

We got home and we were getting ready to head out to the library story and music time. While I was showering and changing, Hannah was knocking all her plastic letters off the refrigerator, especially the D, which is her favorite letter (D for DA! as she likes to shout... she doesn't know which letter is the D, but she likes the sound). I was putting her bag together when I heard a letter slide across the floor and a loud crash, followed by crying. I picked Hannah up and in trying to comfort her, I asked her what happened. "D, D, D," she said through her tears. I can only imagine she meant she fell on the D!

I thought the fall just her wounded pride, yet by the time we reached the library, I realized she had a cut on her forehead and a nice goose egg. Oops! I felt like I head to tell everyone the story of her falling, just to justify her bruise. Poor Hannah!

The next big event happened during naptime on Friday. We read stories and I laid her down like normal. She often takes a little while to fall asleep, so I heard her chattering away in her bed. The next thing I heard was a terrible crash and lots of crying. I ran into her room to find her on the floor!!! To this day, I don't know what happened exactly. The side of her crib was down, so either 1. I didn't make sure it hooked when I pulled it up or 2. I never pulled it up. She fell asleep once I calmed her down and I laid her back down, but I was so nervous for her entire nap that I kept going into her room to check her breathing. I thought I was through that phase of motherhood (checking the breathing of a sleeping baby). She survived and I suppose I will too.

1 comment:

krista said...

The falls and bumps and bruises have been numerous in our house--we've got a very active toddler! But, as a mom, you do find every occasion grays your hair a bit.

Glad Hannah is okay--you may want to stock up on the hair color! :oP