On Wednesday, Hannah and her mommy made a special treat to send to Seattle. Hannah was VERY EXCITED because this was the first time she was baking in her NEW apron. Thank you, Aunt Mo for the Owl Apron. It is a big hit!
Here are some pictures from our baking experience. Hannah is suited up and ready to go. Let's see, what ingredients need to go into the mixer?

Every good recipe MUST have chocolate in it. Hannah measures the cocoa precisely and into the mixing bowl it goes. (Later the measuring cup found its way into Hannah's mouth. Is baking cocoa safe?!?! ~ Mo, I promise, we did not use the measuring cup again, after Hannah tasted it:-) )

You have heard it said that a watched pot never boils, but is that true for baking these yummy treats? Hannah, could that be CUPCAKES in there? (Please ignore the spots on the oven. I'll get my cleaning girl on it right away. Oh, yeah, it looks like that because my cleaning girl has already been at work. I believe Hannah had the oven door covered with dishing washing soap suds. I wouldn't recommend them as a oven door cleaner... obviously they leave spots!)

Ahhh... the finished product, wrapped up and ready to go. See, Mo, this is what they looked like BEFORE the cross country trip. You might have received a container of crumbs mashed together with icing.

Of course the baker needs to try her product. No, Hannah isn't grimacing, that is a chocolate mustache. The cupcakes received a "more, more" rating from Hannah.
Happy Birthday, Aunt Mo, we wish we could be there to celebrate with you in person. Hannah has been talking about your birthday all week. Sending out a BLOG HUG!!!Feel free to wish Maureen a happy birthday in the comment window. We will be sure that she gets them.
Love you, Aunt Mo Mo! Dana, Daryl and Hannah
3 comments:
This blog entry just made my day, thank you for thinking of me! The cupcakes might not make it through the day however, as I've already had one for breakfast - delicious! It must have been hard for Hannah to see her creations sent off in the mail, but it looks like she got to enjoy "more, more" before that happened. :)
I love you,
Aunt Mo Mo
We love you, Aunt Mo Mo!!! A very happy 28th birthday. Hannah those cupcakes make my mouth water. I really like your owl apron.
Much Love,
Nana Joyce
I kept saying "Awww!" throughout this entire post--so sweet! I'm not sure which I wanted to "eat up" more, the cupcakes or your little helper!
Post a Comment