Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankful, despite a long week...

How can it be that the littlest one in our house is the ONLY one (so far) who is sick and yet we all feel like we have been hit by a Mac truck. For me it has to be the multiple wakings in the middle of the night. Even if Hannah does not need care, I wake up EVERY time she cries out. She has been saying "mommy" so many times during the day that she is saying it in her dreams (and I'm hearing it in mine)!!! How did I do the multiple wake-ups when she was a newborn (to 1 year old)? Makes me think twice about doing it all again (no, we're not, yet).

But here is a blessing, I have gotten a lot of cuddle time with my little Hannah Bear. She likes to sit and rock in the glider rocker and we haven't done much of that since we quit nursing. Hannah will bury her head into my neck and fall asleep, waking only to rearrange and get more comfortable. I'm still tired, but there will come a day that she will be too big to fall asleep in my arms. It's exhausting now, but I'm trying to count my blessings... I suppose she will be 18 years at some point instead of 18 months.

I have been telling her that I'm so sorry that she is sick. In a cute, but pitiful way, Hannah in the midst of her whiny tears says "sorry, sorry." Poor baby!

I keep hoping we are turning a corner with this, but not yet. Your prayers are appreciated!

2 comments:

krista said...

So sorry to hear it's been a rough week for all, especially that sweet little girl of yours.

I've been lamenting lately that Natalia can't (physically) fit on my lap...da belly is TOOOOOOO big!

Praying all is well soon!

krista said...

It's me again...I just got your recent comment. That's so cute that she can say "Talia"! (Natalia continues to call herself that.)

Hope you all are doing better!