Several weeks ago, I was outside watching the girls play and a beautiful white butterfly came by. I called Hannah over and we watched it flit here and there. Hannah wanted to catch it, but I told her that would damage the butterfly's wings and then it couldn't fly.
Flash forward to today... I wish she would have grab it and smashed it between her little hands. Grrr... I went out into my tiny little garden today to gaze over my little harvest and suddenly I realized my broccoli was looking a little strange and then I looked at my Kale. The leaves were chewed to sticks. Crawling all over my Kale and broccoli plants were green caterpillars, munching happily away on my plants. A quick internet search revealed the name of the greedy caterpillers... cabbage worms. That same site gave me the solution... I got my bucket of soapy water and drowned them one by one.
Somehow, the book, "The Hungry Caterpillar" isn't so cute today.
(I guess this post is kind of ironic after the last one:-( )
1 comment:
:-(
Gardening can yield such great rewards... and great disappointments. Hope you're able to get something from what remains.
Post a Comment