Monday, July 11, 2011

Multitude Monday #1

Multitude Monday is about intentionally fixing my eyes on God's blessings, big and small, whatever the season, whether life is good or the road has been rocky.

My cousin at Corn rows and Meadows has started doing this every Monday and I thought it would be a good habit for me to get into as well and so... here it goes in no particular order...

1. Laughter of Little Girls ~ I'm so thankful that I have a house full of this. Hannah's laugh has always been contagious and now I get to hear it from her sister, Grace, AND her baby sister, Elizabeth. There are few things as delightful as hearing all of them laugh together.  
No babies were harmed in the making of this video.

2. My home ~ It is enough. 

3. The library ~ I love going to our public library and getting stacks of books for me and for my girls to read. I can get lost in someone else's life for hours or discover new interests. I love reading picture books to my girls. Hannah, especially, devours them.

4. The last entry leads me to Reading time. One of my favorite times of the day is bedtime, not just because of the quiet that overcomes the house:-), but because it is a time that I can snuggle with my girls and share my love of reading. I'm enjoying discovering the Little House series all over again with Hannah. 

5. My husband ~ He works so hard to provide for us and yet when he is home, he jumps right into the rhythm of the house, playing with the girls, helping with chores, fixing dinner, or whatever else needs to be done. He is a good listener and very supportive of me and my work both at home and at church. 

6. Anchor Leadership Team ~ This is a great group of people who have invested in the lives of the kids of this community. We laugh, we pray, we eat, we fellowship. Does ministry get any better than that? 

7. Sleep ~ I love a good night's sleep and I am SO THANKFUL that my baby does too. 

8. The Ocean ~ There is something really calming about sitting by the sea and just listening to the surf against the sand. It is amazing that I can do that by just walking down the hill from my house. 

9. My pastor and his wife ~ Our family has been so blessed by this couple. They are compassionate, wise, and a lot of fun to be around.

10. Water ~ I LOVE a tall glass of water. There is nothing that quenches my thirst like water. I think I'll go get a glass now.

1 comment:

krista said...

Yay! You're doing MM too!
I had to chuckle at the similarities of our lists...down to reading Little House. :-)