Monday, July 18, 2011

Multitude Monday #2

Multitude Monday is about intentionally fixing my eyes on God's blessings, big and small, whatever the season, whether life is good or the road has been rocky.

Here is my continuation from last Monday.

11. Good conversations long overdue... It was just good to sit and talk with my husband tonight. One of the things that drew me to Daryl early on was simply being able to talk to him. We needed to do that again tonight and it was good.

12. Thunderstorms I really enjoy hearing the distant rumble of a storm coming. The flashing and crashing of the lightning and thunder bring my children scrambling to my lap. Cuddling with my children adds to the enjoyment of a storm.

13. Cooler temperatures after a storm I think this is the other reason I enjoy thunderstorms... they bring the hope and possibility of a brake in the heat/humidity of the day.

14. Memories brought to life in photos One thing I love doing whether I am at my parents' house, my in-laws' house or my own attic is going through old picture albums. It is fun "discovering" again a picture I had forgotten or catching a glimpse of Daryl's childhood. We give Mom Olson a hard time for taking so many pictures, yet I think we all enjoy looking at them.

15. Clean laundry, especially when I didn't have to do it myself. Daryl is home with the girls on Mondays and he has taken it on himself to do a lot of the laundry. It is so nice to leave the house with a pile of dirty laundry and come home to it being folded and put away. Thanks, honey!

16. Reunions with old friends... facebook has made it possible to reconnect with people I met in Jr. High! It is fun to see where they are and what they are doing.

17. Bedtime... enough said.

1 comment:

krista said...

Give that husband of yours a pat on the back. What a great way to bless a wife.

Amen to #17!

Don't these lists help to put things right in your heart and mind? Especially after a doozy of a day (or week)? It's been such a good thing for me.