Sunday, October 25, 2015

Another day to be thankful

In the middle of last week, I needed to be reminded of why I am thankful for my youngest. Today I will turn my attention to my oldest. I have realized, recently, that I have been particularly critical of my 8-year-old. I am not sure if it is because we are so much alike or because I expect her to be more "grown-up" than she is or for some other reason that I cannot identify.

Whatever it is, I am so grateful for this little girl who made me a mom and who is growing up so fast before our eyes.

1. Curiosity: From the time she could talk, my girl was asking questions about the world. She loves to explore and discover new things.
2. Her eyes: Hannah sees art and beauty in the world, and helps me to see it too.
3. Adventure: She is interested in adventure, but sometimes holds back her excitement about it. Perhaps, like her mom, she fears being disappointed. My prayer is that we will encourage her adventurous spirit.

 4. Creativity: It doesn't take much for Hannah to be able to create. She sees possibility in scraps of fabric and some glue.
5. Trying new things: She is eager to try new crafting ideas and is grateful that Nana is like her in this!
6. Sense of style: Her style is her own. Bold colors and patterns is what she loves best.
7. Her hugs: Hannah is a full body hugger. Even at 8, she still loves to snuggle.

8. Family time: Hannah still loves being with her family. Recently we were able to go apple picking together.
9. Writing: She loves to create stories and has begun doing this with her spelling words. It is really fun to see what she comes up with when it seems she has a random word bank.

10. A hard worker: This was especially evident today when she competed in her first cross-country meet. It wasn't always easy, but she kept going. Our little girl is growing up.

No comments: