Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thankfulness for Grace

We named each of daughters to remind ourselves of God's grace. The other two require a knowledge of name "meanings" in order to know that grace is part of their names, but Gracie... it is right there. In many ways, I feel like she has a comprehension of God's grace the surpasses her age. She is (as all my daughters are) my teacher.


1. I am thankful that we waited to send Grace to kindergarten until this year. Not only was the year with the co-op amazing, Grace truly developed in her confidence.
2. I am grateful that she is thriving this year under the direction of her teacher, Ms. Polizzia.


3. I am grateful to see her budding engineer skills. She is very good at building her lego kits.
4. Her brain seems to wired for math concepts. She has been asking for "math" problems all summer. I am grateful that she enjoys school.

5. Grace is thoughtful. She thinks a lot about different things.
6. I am grateful for her serious side. I enjoy conversations with her.

7. Grace has a great smile. It shows her playful side.
8. She is so good with other kids. Whether the kids are much younger than she is or just her age, she is a good "mother" or friend.
9. Grace is willing to try new things. Cross country wasn't easy for her, but she did it and was so excited to receive her finishers medal.
10. Grace speaks her mind and because she has worked so hard with her speech the last several years, what is on her mind is very understandable.

My reminder of God's grace is a blessing to me.

No comments: