Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Gratefulness from where I sit

I am embarrassed to say (but obviously not too embarrassed since I am posting this on a blog) how easy it is to get knocked off the gratitude journey. I was doing so well and could feel my contentment increasing and then BANG I am grumpy and giving my husband the silent treatment. Sigh. Like Peter taking his eyes of the Lord while walking on the water, as soon as my eyes drifted to my circumstances I was floundering in discontentedness up to my neck.

So in an effort to get back on track, here is my gratefulness from where I sit.

  1. Quiet: Even though Elizabeth was up early complaining that "she couldn't smell," she fell back asleep. It is now 9 am and she is still sleeping.
  2. Warm winter coats: The temperatures dipped yesterday and I am thankful we have coats to bundle up in.
  3. Checkbook: While we are not wealthy by American standards, we have enough, actually we have more than enough, and I am grateful.
  4. Field trip permission slip: The girls have gotten to experience field trips already this school year. I am grateful for the "out of school" experiences they get to have.
  5. Books: for the books we own and the ones we check out from the library, so grateful to be able to feed my reading habit.
  6. Sunshine: The sun is breaking through the early morning clouds. It makes everything seem doable.
  7. Red Sox Hat: Gift from my husband. He has always been a thoughtful gift giver.
  8. Games: We have a family that loves to play games. It is a great way to connect with one another.
  9. Untidy playroom: The girls live here.
  10. Meal plans: A fully stocked kitchen ready to prepare meals for the next two weeks.
I am grateful.

No comments: