Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Due Date

Yes, the little floaty baby on our sidebar is still floating even though the countdown says ZERO! Why do they give us due dates when (apparently) only 4% of pregnant women deliver on that day. I'm definitely an advocate for the due month. Although in this case (and with Hannah) the possibility exists that baby won't come during that month. They will let me go another 2 weeks! Go check your calendars... yes... that is correct, if this baby waits, he/she could be born in SEPTEMBER!!!!! (insert sigh here)

No, I'm not impatient... ok, well maybe a little. I went to the midwife yesterday and the baby is slightly posterior (just like big sister Hannah), so that may be the reason I'm not progressing. Please join me in saying "turn baby turn!"

So, no news to report yet. I spoke to a friend tonight who said the new moon is as effective as the full moon at bringing on babies. She's predicting if not before, then on Thursday (the new moon) and definitely by the weekend I should have a newborn. We'll see if she's right. Until the next edition of "Olson Baby Watch." Good night!

1 comment:

Maureen and Jon said...

Aiieeee, sooo close! We're trying to be patient. :)