Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was Daryl and my 5th year anniversary... crazy! The time has flown and yet it seems like I have known him forever, which is really cool. We had a fairly low key evening and yet it was just perfect (accept for the potatoes:-( ). We fed Hannah her dinner separately and then Daryl put her to bed at 7 while I cook our anniversary dinner... grilled fresh salmon with garlic mayo sauce, asparagus with a cream sauce, roasted potatoes and for dessert... cake! It was VERY yummy if I do say so myself, but even more than the food was the fact that we actually got to have a quiet conversation, eating at our own pace without 5000 questions. I love our daughter, but it is nice to have a chance just to talk to one another without her darling little voice. The rest of the evening was more of the same... conversation. I didn't realize how much I missed that. We are always asking ourselves what we did before Hannah was born. I think part of the answer is just talk to each other. Mental note... do this again:-)!

Follow-up on Baby Grover ~ everything look really good! He/she is measuring exactly where she/he should be. In fact, the ultrasound tech estimated the baby was already 7 lb 6 oz. That is one ounce smaller than Hannah was when she was born... 9 days late! I'm hoping we go a little early, although it would be nice to have at least one more week before the baby is born. God knows and I'm trying to trust Him!

2 comments:

krista said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow! Five years already!

It was really strange being away from the kids for a weekend not too long ago while we attended a friends wedding and celebrated our 9th. Leisurely meals, feeding only ourselves, carrying only a purse, and lots of uninterrupted conversation...it was so quiet sometimes it almost felt wrong! Ha Ha. But a definate MUST DO AGAIN!

Maureen and Jon said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll call this weekend to catch up.