I tried... I tried really hard, well, kind of hard, to not put any stock in my "due date" and yet here I am 10 days before the "official due date" and I'm finding myself getting impatient. I know (in my head) that I don't want to rush through whatever days remain of our precious family of three. I'm treasuring the moments I have with my little girl and yet I long for the energy of a non-9-month pregnant body. This may be our last child, so I'm trying to treasure the kicks and rolls and the imagining who this little person is, but I'm tired of running to the bathroom every 10 minutes (or so it feels). My friend who shared a due date (or at least a due week with me) has already met her precious son. That probably contributes to my impatience although I knew it was likely that she would have her baby first.
The last three days we had the privilege of watching our good friends' son, but I realized how hard it is to chase after 2 toddlers. I'm just not a fast as I imagine myself to be. Daryl took some time off work to help and that was a HUGE blessing. The kids did great and I was so impressed by Hannah's willingness to share her space and her parents with Levi. She was even heartbroken that his parents came to get him today. It gives me hope that she will enjoy her little sibling just as much.
So now what... my bag is partially packed for the hospital and I'm getting restless. Lord, help me to trust you for these final hours and into this next great adventure. As my husband reminded me tonight, "One day at a time." This has been a mantra since we started dating. Thanks Honey! How right you are!
1 comment:
Thinking of you! Hang in there...it's a hard, hard thing, I know. I keenly remember that restless feeling, and being so uncomfortable physically.
Praying for a safe labor and "easy" delivery for you and baby soon!
Post a Comment