Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Olson Update

Yes, I know, I'm suppose to be announcing the arrival of Olson Baby #3. Sorry. Daryl has started telling his colleagues that we aren't pregnant, it is just a social experiment to see how long people will be sympathetic towards us. Nice. So, in light of the fact that I have NO BABY NEWS, I decided it was time for the rest of the family to get some updates... well, mostly just the girls.

Gracie has started wanting to play dress-up with her sister. Most of the time it is a happy thing, but every once in a while...

she decides that she is NOT having fun!


Hannah, on the other hand, has never not wanted to play dress-up (is that even proper English?).
Over a week ago, I woke up on a Saturday morning determined that the floors in our home would be clean before the baby arrived (which I assumed was any day). Daryl and the girls SCRUBBED the kitchen floor for over an hour to get it sparkling. Now Daryl moans that we peaked too soon in our nesting... the house is getting dirty again and the baby has still not arrived.

I suppose I should have been on my hands and knees scrubbing. Maybe then we would be holding our little bundle of joy!







 We have allowed Hannah to "read" in bed before falling asleep. Because Gracie is in the room with her, we gave Hannah a flashlight to use. One night we couldn't find the beloved flashlight, so Daryl pulled out the headlight for her to use. When I went in to check on the girls before going to bed myself, this is what I found...
 Hannah had put on the headlamp and fallen asleep. It was adorable! (The second picture was taken with the flash... we couldn't believe how strong the flash was! We were also glad that it didn't wake up either girl.)

I told Hannah how my mom used to make our family a heart cake for Valentine's Day. To surprise mommy, Hannah and Daddy made a heart cake. They couldn't find the redhots that nana used, so Hannah chose gummy worms. It was great and a very special gift for mommy!

MAYBE the next post will be introducing our newest member... MAYBE?

1 comment:

Maureen and Jon said...

Oh my, these pictures just warm my heart. We miss you guys so much, and we're just soooo excited for the next blog post!