Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparing

Today I was packing little Olson's bag for the hospital and Hannah wondered what I was doing, so I told her. I said that I should also pack one for myself, which sent her anxiety through the roof.

H: Mommy (through her teary eyes), who is going to stay with me?
M: Well, it depends on when it happens. Maybe Uncle Jim and Aunt Amanda or Aunt Leigh or Aunt Ann. Maybe you will go over to Abbie's house.

At this, Hannah proceed to bounce around the house, off walls, couches, around the living room, YELLING: "I'm going to Abbie's house! I'm going to Abbie's house!" She then proceeded to run back to her room and stuff her Dora backpack full of clothes and her lamb.

Tonight I prayed with her about the safe arrival of the baby. She told me that the baby is coming tomorrow. (Does she know something or does she just want to go to Abbie's house?)

Later as one of her "stall" techniques, she came out to the living room and told me she was sad. I asked her why and she said that she wants to meet the baby tomorrow. I told her that she should probably get some sleep because new babies take a lot of energy. She responded, "It takes a lot of energy to push the baby out. Are you going to push the baby out for hours and hours?" Oh child, I hope not.

No comments: